Amazon Ad

Monday 25 December 2006

No Pain = No Gain

So its mid December 2007, a full year after I sat my FPGEE, and I've got nothing sorted. I have a tenuous contact in California and another in Florida to keep my hopes alive, plus a friendly auto-responser from Walmarts and a total blank piece of paper where the rest of America is supposed to be. This is NOT looking like I was expecting it to look at this point. However, things were to pick up. I email the Florida contact and tell her I will be in Florida in late January and could we meet up? She says YES! I then email the California contact and tell him I will be in California in late January and could we meet up? And he says YES! Cool - 2 for 2. I discuss dates with my wife, tell her she's going to stay at home and look after the 3 kids, and that I am going to go to Florida, and Los Angeles (and maybe, if I can find the time, a quick trip to Las Vegas!). So I decide the dates for my trip, take the plunge and book the various flights, and hire cars for Florida and LA, and book the hotel in Boca - I leave off booking the hotel in LA for the minute because I don't know when my interview will be, so I might get a chance to drive across to Las Vegas. The Florida contact confirms the date and time of the meeting as my hotel at 12 noon on the Friday of my trip. I give the LA contact my dates in LA and he chooses to meet at my hotel at 7am on the last morning of my trip - absolute perfection as this gives me 4 nights in Las Vegas - awesome! OK, everything is suddenly back on track and Walgreens are still on auto-bloody-response. Finally the time comes to make the trip, and I kiss the wife and kids goodbye and head off to meet my destiny. Next entry: The interviews!

PLEASE GO DOWN A BIT AND CLICK ON OLDER POSTS

(Remember the timing on these posts are all meaningless as it is impossible to get them to list entries in reverse order otherwise). Farmacyst.

No comments: