Amazon Ad

Sunday 31 December 2006

THE STORY SO FAR.

This Blog is the follow on from my first blog at fpgee-test.blogspot.com which tells the story of how I managed to take and pass the FPGEE, an exam for non-American pharmacists to show equivalency to American pharmacy students, prior to starting their post-college education. As you can read on the fpgee-test blogsite, passing wasn't all that difficult for me, although I can assure you it was no easy matter being allowed to sit the exam, as the paperwork to prove my equivalency was quite horrendously onerous. Anyway, that's all behind me now, thank goodness. And this blog tells the story of what comes next. As the name of the blog suggests - and chances are that is why you are reading this - what comes next ends up becoming a pathway leading to obtaining an H1B sponsor. I was SO naive of the process when I started on this path it is only fare that I warn you now that this is a very difficult path, and in my opinion it is weighed very much against the numbers of people that sit the FPGEE exam that don't have a Social Security Number and/or a work permit or green card and have no idea how difficult it is going to be to get a visa by the H1B route. Hopefully, by the time you read the whole of this blog you will be more aware of the very small chance of success that foreign pharmacists actually have of getting to America. And just to explain the last part of the process first, once you do get to America as an intern, there are still two more sets of exams to take to become a fully qualified Registered Pharmacist (R.Ph), namely the Naplex and the MPJE (Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination), but more on the specifics of those exams in later blogs! The next post will explain the crazy conversations I have had with various people and organisations to try and work out what you're supposed to do with the FPGEE certificate once you have it! Farmacyst

No comments: